Updated: Oct 11, 2019
A perfect gluten free afternoon snack!
The nutrients in these delicious biscuits help boost your metabolism, repair muscle and help stabilise blood sugar levels. Having healthy snacks around will also keep your energy levels high and nourish your body in between meals.
TAHINI ALMOND BISCUITS
2 cups almond meal
2 cups desiccated coconut
1/2 cup rice malt syrup
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 tablespoon unhulled tahini*
1/2 cup extra virgin coconut oil
1 teaspoon bicarb soda
pinch of seaweed salt
1-2 tablespoons water
flaked almonds to garnish
1. Preheat oven to 120 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, combine almond meal, desiccated coconut, cinnamon & salt.
3. In a small pot, combine rice malt syrup, coconut oil, tahini & heat gently on stove.
4. Mix the bicarb soda and water, then pour into rice malt syrup pot and mix until it starts to froth.
5. Pour the wet mixture into the dry ingredients and mix until well combined. Cool mixture in fridge for 30 minutes.
6. Form into small cookies, add a little water if needed to help them stick together & garnish with flaked almonds.
7. Bake for 30 minutes or until golden.
*Recipe works well without tahini if preferred.